What We Do
Vcom3D, an Orlando-based, woman-owned small business, provides immersive medical simulation and training systems based on plug-and-play architectures with interoperable physical and virtual patient and treatment modules.
Vcom3D has launched its Immersive Modular PAtient Care Team Trainer. The IMPACTT™ Product-line includes IMPACTT On-site, IMPACTT Remote, and IMPACTT Anywhere Team trainers which enable learners to train in-person and/or join training sessions from remote locations using their own PCs.
The Company licenses medical simulation components to Developers and provides technical services for customization and integration with third party medical simulation systems.
Vcom3D has developed a Network Enabled Trainer for Combat Casualty Care, NETC3, to train and assess critical decision making. This system leverages Extended Reality (XR) to augment live training.
Vcom3D’s research contract, STEM3T (Synthetic Training Environment for Multi-modal Medical Training) is a Multi-modal, Multi-Role, Multi-services medical training system with live, virtual, and manikin-based components. The system also includes Authoring Tools and a Learning Record Store (LRS).
Mission & Vision
Vcom3D is committed to developing innovative technology and products that aid learning and improve performance.
Vcom3D develops simulation technologies and training systems to fill gaps in medical learning. Our immersive systems provide training environments for medical teams to improve decision making skills and team performance. We develop authentic content using research-based behavioral and physiological models, engage the learner in immersive game play, and assess performance in realistic simulations. Learning experiences are delivered on tablets, personal computers, virtual or augmented reality displays, and instrumented physical models.
Approach & Focus
Vcom3D is focused on filling training gaps and our primary goal is interoperability with other medical training systems.
Identify Training Gaps
Vcom3D is focused on filling gaps in medical team training, trauma intervention, and distributed multi-site training, while developing solutions to meet current and future challenges. Another objective is to enable interoperability with other medical training systems.
Vcom3D provides innovative distributed learning systems, immersive virtual simulations, augmented reality (AR) based solutions, as well as virtual patients, medical manikins and part task trainers in blended reality learning solutions to train patient management. Our systems are modular in design with open architectures and standards.
Vcom3D develops authentic content using research-based behavioral and physiological models, engages the learner in immersive multi-modal patient care experiences, and assesses learner performance in realistic simulations. Our Open Architectures and Interoperability design approach enables the inclusion of simulated injuries and response to treatment with other training systems such as Army’s Synthetic Training Environment (STE) and Air Evacuation.
Vcom3D has been a leader in research, development, assessment, and transition of learning systems and technologies for the U.S. Military since 2001 and is continuing to expand our research and development portfolio.
The Company is offering our innovative technologies to commercial markets and government training programs. Product include IMPACTT™ Team Training as well as modules compatible with the Advanced Modular Manikin(AMM) standard and technical services to support customization and integration.
Our Funded Research
Vcom3D provides medical simulation and training research, solutions, and products to premier healthcare organizations in the US government, state government, and educational sectors. These organizations lead the nation in closing training gaps and improving patient outcomes.
- Defense Health Agency (DHA) Research and Development Directorate (J-9)
- U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command (CCDC)
- U.S. Army Program Executive Office, Simulation Training and Instrumentation (PEO STRI)
- Air Force Medical Modeling and Simulation Training (AFMMAST)
- University of Washington School of Medicine
Vcom3D partners with organizations who consistently display best in class performance in their fields. From global corporations to cutting edge educational institutions, our partners help us push the envelope and enhance our leading edge technology, software and products, so that we can provide our clients the best solutions. Below are a few of the organizations with whom we’ve partnered.
In this role, you will design and develop software and network infrastructure to integrate complex medical simulations featuring physical, virtual, and augmented reality components. You will work with a team of game designers, software developers, artists, hardware engineers, medical experts, and instructional system designers to create engaging software for education and training.
The Ideal Candidate
As Software Developer, you will be curious, eager to learn new things, research what you need to know, and communicate your ideas in a clear, concise manner and advocate for your decisions to the team.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with software design, development, integration, and testing on Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Proficiency in object-oriented programming with C++.
- Experience cross-compiling and deploying C++ projects for multiple operating systems and hardware configurations including ARM/embedded processors.
- Proficiency in both server-side and client-side network programming.
- Experience configuring network hardware and software.
- Experience with the setup and maintenance of cloud service hosting platforms such as Azure and AWS.
- Proficiency creating, maintaining, and querying SQL databases.
- Experience managing cost and schedule as well as technical aspects of software development projects.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Experience with a communication middleware or connectivity framework such as DDS.
- Experience with CMake build system.
- Experience developing C# scripts in Unity.
- Experience in JSON and REST web services.
- Knowledge of SCORM, xAPI, and/or LTI e-Learning standards; learning management systems; and learning record stores.
- Knowledge of web security and encryption protocols.
- Experience in source control and code versioning tools such as Git.
- Experience developing for augmented reality devices, including AR headsets, IMUs, or image recognition.
- Technical writing experience.
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
To apply for an open position, send an email to MedSim@Vcom3D.com, with the position name as the subject line. Include your contact information and attach or provide a link to your resume.
Want to learn more about our products and solutions?